Last week I spilled the beans on my current adrenal situation. With my body ready to regenerate and get back on track, I have been looking for foods and recipes to help heal my body from the inside out. Let me tell ya, there is a loooooong list of foods that ya just can’t enjoy when your body is depleted. That is why I created My Adrenal EmergenC Smoothie recipe. This recipe has some fantastic anti-inflammatory properties and is full of vitamin C which helps build our immune system, it also allows us to absorb those all important nutrients our body has been missin’ out on. This recipe also includes just the right amount of protein to regenerate and rebuild our cells, salt to help replace those all important minerals, as well as healthy fats and just a hint of sweetness! What’s not to love?
Adrenal EmergenC Smoothie
- Vitamix 2L Wet Container or high powered blender
You Will Need:
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 oranges with pith
- serving of your favourite protein powder (I used Hemp Protein Powder)
- generous slice of ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3-4generous cracks of pink himalayan rock salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean or tsp extract
- 1 cup ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
Do you have a secret weapon when it comes to your adrenals? Share with us in the comments below your favorite recipes and follow us on Instagram @paigehemmis to share your foodie snaps using the #DIYeat
If you’re looking for more Recipe Inspiration head on over to my good friends at Raw Blend.