At my house, we have a great big red couch that is in the shape of a U. We call it the “people eater” because it’s so darn comfy that no one wants to get up! So as great as that is, we do have some shortcomings. We only have one end table on one end of the couch (the clock table that I made on the show)…so if you are on the other side of the couch, you have nowhere to set a beverage, food, or anything you might be working on! I’ve wanted to bring back the old school TV trays that we had in the 80’s, but instead I’m making a more modern version that will not only hold your drinks, but will also hold all of your remotes and even game controllers.
You Will Need:
- Jig Saw
- Nail Gun
- Wood Glue
- White Chalk Paint
- Paint Brush/Roller
1. Measure the height of your couch to see what fits with your body and with your couch. You don’t want this too big or too small or too high or too low.
2. Cut your wood pieces, or have them cut at the hardware store according to our cut list provided.
3. Assemble the structure starting at the bottom using wood glue and reinforcing with a nail gun and nails.
4. Completely paint the structure and set aside to dry.
5. Take sandpaper and sand back parts of the edges, top, middle, etc. to create a shabby-chic or distressed look.
6. Add the galvanized drawers to the back side of the structure. Attach the drawers with glue and screws.
Would you use one of these couch tables at home? Share with us in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so make sure you follow @paigehemmis and #PaigeDIY
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!