I’m all about finding ways to stay motivated for my 2020 fitness journey. I’m such a visual person, especially when it comes to goals, so I created a motivation storage station for all things health and fitness to keep us on track and help stay determined for the new decade!
First, think about what you need when setting up the space- do you do yoga, jump rope, use bands, use weights etc. That’s how you will know how to set up the perfect workout area for you! I’m all about the visual encouragement. So, I placed a chalkboard at top to inspire me daily throughout my health journey. The chalkboard, is used for my daily mantras and inspirational quotes to keep me focused. In addition, I use the grid to hang items like my water bottle, towels, baby wipes, and spray cleaner.
I’m all about yoga! My roommate and I do yoga together so we created a space for two mats with this basket! It’s best to use a big basket that’s deep enough so it will hold your mats upright and is easy to grab when needed but you can keep whatever your choose that gets you motivated and keeps you motivated! Here is how you can create your very own Motivation Station at home.
You Will Need:
- ¾” Plywood board
- Wall baskets to fit your needs
- White paint
- Hooks or nails
- Wall hanging baskets
- French cleat
1. Plywood sheets come 48” x 48”, but if you don’t have the space for that, you can have it cut down to size to your needs at the hardware store.
2. Paint a white drybrush onto the board. Set aside to dry.
3. If you want to put a motivational mantra on a chalkboard to attach to the board, do so now!
4. Once your board is dry, lay it down and arrange your stuff! Place your baskets, mark where you want to put hooks or nails to hang things off of and your sign. Mark with pencil.
5. Attach hooks, baskets and sign.
6. Hang the board on the wall according to the French cleat instructions.
7. Place your workout equipment and enjoy!