You can make these look any way you would like – add color, add bling, whatever your heart desires. Since I love the rustic look, I’ll be keeping my sconces cabiny and rusticky (are those real words? Well, you know what I mean!)
You Will Need:
- Plank Boards (can get at craft store)
- A cute hook (robe/door hooks in the bath section of a hardware store work the best)
- Mason jars (or any other cute jars that will hold a candle)
- Screw gun
- Black thick wire
- Wood Stain or Small butane torch (optional)
- Needle Nose pliers
- Take your plank boards at add a finish or stain that you would like. Since I want mine to look rustic, I will be using a torch to burn the surface a little and adding a mahogany stain. If you like the finish natural, you can skip this step and therefore the materials associated with it.
- Attach your hooks to the board with the screws that come with the hook.
- Take the wire and wrap it around your jar, making sure to secure it with your needle nose pliers.
- Hang the jar from the hook
- Add your favorite candle and voila!
Share your DIY home makeovers with us on Instagram and twitter and make sure you tag @paigehemmis and hashtag #DIYhome