A fancy lampshade can cost you hundreds, but Ken Wingard and I have a great way to create the same look for under $20. Yep, you heard me right! If you want to breathe new life into an old lamp you may already have at home, then you can achieve this look for under $10. Whaaaat?
You Will Need:
- Lamp Shades
- Fabric glue
- Card stock to cut a stencil
1. Research designer ideas online and choose desired look
2. Attach studs accordingly with fabric glue
3. Cut a stencil in the pattern you would like so that the studs are placed in a uniform fashion.
4. Use card stock for the stencil and cut with scissors.
5. Apply the stencil to the lamp and secure it with tape.
6. Use sponge to apply paint
7. Allow to dry, place on your lamp stand and light it up baby!
Share your DIY home makeovers with us on Instagram and twitter and make sure you tag @paigehemmis and hashtag #DIYhome