Did you know that you can paint your furniture? Whether you are breathing new life into an old item, or are on the search for a new piece to spice up your décor, I’ve got a way to make it custom, beautiful, and useful for a fraction of the cost of buying a new chair.
I found so many great winged-back chairs, but the price tag was SO expensive. I even found one on Etsy for sale now, which now became my inspiration NOT to spend $895.00!
I went on the search for a second-hand chair on craig’s list and ebay. I found a great one from a wonderful couple out in Westlake Village, CA. It was in great condition…just needed a slight makeover to make it a current, in-style chair. So here is the before and after…. Yay!
- An old chair
- Fabric Paint Medium
- Water Bottle
- Blue tape OR stencil
- Craft adhesive (optional)
1. Dampen the fabric by spraying it with a water bottle.
2. Mix fabric paint medium with paint and water. One part paint, one part water, half part paint medium.
3. Apply first coat of paint with paintbrush. Keep adding paint until it covers the fabric completely
4. Using blue tape or a chevron stencil, add in the chevron pattern. You can use craft adhesive to stick the stencil to the fabric. Make sure to dab the paint, don’t brush it on.
Share your DIY projects and makeovers with us on Instagram and twitter and make sure you tag @paigehemmis and hashtag #DIYhome