As most of you probably know Jason and I recently started our ‘Wedding Ready’ Diet Plan. I am taking on Sophie Uliano’s 30 day program from her Gorgeous For Good book but the plan Jason is doing is especially designed for those men and women who don’t want to commit to the full 30 days but still want to take that step towards being happier and healthier versions of themselves.
So here’s the thing – Sophie’s plan is amazing and super easy to follow BUT Jason and his best man Scotty are remodelling a house in Big Bear that has no kitchen. Not to mention that when flipping a property you generally don’t have time to exercise your culinary skills, you usually end up stopping off at the nearest fast food chain to quickly eat whatever you can shove in your mouth in the precious spare moment of driving to and from home depot.
Cue ‘FOOD ANGELS’ aka me & Meeks! We decided we would get in the kitchen and put together some delicious, home made, Sophie approved meals for the boys to take with them.
(Inspired by Sophie Uliano’s Recipe)
- 1 packet of Italian vegan sausage, finely chopped
- Vegetable broth (just a dash)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- ½ can organic diced tomatoes
- mixed Italian herbs
- 1 zucchini cut in half & sliced finely
- 2 large carrots grated
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup of mushrooms finely sliced
- 1 packet Gluten Free brown rice lasagna sheets
- vegan grated cheese
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- season with salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Boil your Gluten Free lasagna sheets and follow the instructions on the packet here if needed. If you purchased the non-cook ones go you! Smarty pants!
- In a large skillet heat the veggie broth, add the vegan Italian sausage and sauté until brown.
- Add ½ can organic diced tomato and mixed Italian herbs. Bring to a bubble, reduce the heat and let it simmer on low. Remember to stir occasionally and you can add more broth if needed.
- Create your “vegan ricotta” by blending all the ingredients in a high- powered blender like a Vitamix and set aside.
- Lightly grease a medium sized baking dish with coconut oil
- Line your baking dish with a layer of lasagne sheets
- Add a layer of vegan ricotta and make sure it is spread evenly across the sheets.
- Add your vegan Italian sausage, followed by a layer of spinach, then a layer of carrot, a layer of mushrooms, followed by a layer of zucchini.
- Pour a layer of marinara sauce over the top and spread out evenly. Add another layer of lasagna sheets and repeat steps 7, 8, 9 until you have run out of ingredients.
- Top with a layer of vegan grated cheese
- Place in the oven and cook for 40-45mins or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with marinara sauce serve hot! Enjoy.
Oh! By the way … if you want to take on the challenge and follow along with us click on the link below for Jason’s special plan!