If you want your house to be that little bit EXTRA this year then Gingerbread-ing your house is the way to do it. Be the talk of the town with this extra festive DIY. Here is how to get started!
You Will Need:
- Insulation Foam Board
- Spray Foam
- Deli Cups
- Mounting Tape
- Mounting Tape
- PVC Pipe
- X-Acto knife
- Measuring Tape
- Paint Brush
1. The first thing you want to do is measure the space you plan on putting these gingerbread finishing’s on. Measure your doors/windows/arches or wherever you’re putting these
2. Take your insulation foam board & mark your measurements.
3. Score the board where your marks are & then just break it off
4. It’s time to pipe on your frosting. Take spray foam & slowly pipe it on like frosting. A zigzag design looks good
5. Once your spray foam is dry you can spray paint the “frosting” white
6. To make the peppermints -you need to take your insulation foam board & cut it into a round.
7. Paint your round white. Once dry you can draw out outlines of where you want your red stripes to go
8. Then paint in your red strips. You could also use red craft foam as an alternative
9. To make the gumdrops -take deli cups & spray paint them all kinds of fun colors of your choice
10. While the deli cups are still sticky from the spray paint you can sprinkle glitter on top for a sugary finish
11. Once everything is dry all you need to do it hot glue the candies onto the piping boards
12. Then to hang use mounting tape & place the piping pieces where needed
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!