We are continuing our countdown to Valentine’s Day on Home & Family and today we are celebrating the love for our BEST FRIENDS! So I decided to make a very literal gift to show your best gal pals how much you appreciate and love them. Valentine’s Day is not only a day to celebrate your significant other – sometime’s those most significant to you are the friendships you cultivate.
Ameka and I have been friends for almost 10 years … we met through our Amazing hubbies who have been best friends since they were 10 years old. It feels like it was meant to be! Ameka aka Meeks and I have been there for each other through many trials and triumphs in our lives. She is quite literally my rock – all my girlfriends are. Which inspired this DIY.
Here’s how to get started!
You Will Need:
- Small Gift Box
- Colored Card Stock
- Pen or Printer
- Thread leather through jump rings that are connected to both sides of stone.
- Wrap leather around wrists to determine desired length. Cut leather to desired length.
- Attach clamp clasps on each end end of leather using pliers.
- On one end of clamp clasp attach a clasp using a jump ring
- On other end attach a jump ring
- Attach jump ring to predrilled hole at the top of stone
- Attach an additional jump ring to the jump ring attached to the stone
- Thread chain through jump 2nd jump ring
- Attach clasp to one end of chain using a jump ring
Directions for Gift Box
- Trace shape of box onto colored card stock
- Cut shape out using scissors. Make sure to cut a little smaller than box
- Using a pen or printer write out “You’re my Rock”
- Using scissor make two slits on outer sides
- Place bracelet into slits so the rock sits in the middle
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your Valentine DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY