You know I love rustic décor! Especially when I’m decorating inside, I love to bring in elements of the outside in and incorporating them into my design. Today’s project does just that! I’m creating a small vanity mirror out of wood slices. The best part about this is that it is portable, so you can take it anywhere in the house that you have the best light, and it even includes an area to store your make up and make up brushes!
You Will Need:
- Wood chargers or slices (3)
- Forstner drill bit 3/4” or other desired sizes
- Wood glue
- Vanity mirror that fits your wood chargers
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Clean and dry each of the 3 wood slices. You will need three in total to make one vanity. *glue will not adhere well to any surface that is dusty, so make sure they are as clean as possible. *
2. Next, use wood glue to adhere the three wood slices together. Don’t overdo it with the glue or it will seep out from the sides. *if glue does seep out, use a warm, damp rag to wipe it away. *
3. To assure they stay together, clamp them down with any wood-working clamp. Let the glue set for 24 hours. *if you don’t have clamps, set some very heavy books on top! *
4. Once set, remove the clamps.
5. Take a 3/4” forstner bit drill down into the wood where you would like your holes for makeup and makeup brushes. The depth depends on your makeup needs. *you can also create a few different widths depending on what size bit you use. *
6. Take sandpaper and give each hole a little scrubbing to make sure that there are no rough edges.
7. Attach the mirror using an industrial glue. * you can add hot glue to hold it in place instantly while the industrial glue sets up over time. *
8. Fill the holes with any make up, make up brushes or anything you need to get ready, then set this on your counter and enjoy!
This is the perfect addition too organise your beauty products and tools. Share with us all of your Ultimate Organizing Solutions on Instagram and Twitter @paigehemmis
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!