It might be sunshine and blue skies majority of the time in LA but the rest of the country experiences that little thing called rain and just because it rains doesn’t mean you have to stay cooped up inside all day. Get out and explore!
Of course, when you return home you need somewhere to put your umbrellas after a day out jumping in puddles, singing, and dancing, in the rain. I have a solution.
These DIY Umbrella Stands are made from plumbing pipe and contact paper. Say what? I know. And the good thing about the contact paper is that you can choose ANY style you want to match your home.
You can be bold and bright or sleek and stylish. It’s the couture of umbrella stands. Oh-la-la. Here is how to get started!
You Will Need:
- 4” or 6” PVC Pipe
- Self-Adhesive Contact Paper
- L Brackets
- Screw Gun
- Duct Cap Round
- Cut and clean the PVC pipe with a damp cloth.
- Make sure pipe is fully dry.
- Add 2 liter soda container to the bottom as a “catch all.”
- Apply contact paper.
- Keep paper taut to avoid bubbles- have a friend help you!
- Trim excess with X-acto knife.
- Attach base with “L” brackets.
- For 6” pipe: Use duct cap round as catch all.
- Hot glue duct cap to pipe, add silicone to keep it water proof.If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY