Do you ever feel tired of the same old traditional Thanksgiving decor? Orly Shani had a great idea to step-up your decor game and went on the hunt for some new ideas that scream style, opulence and deluxe! Fall Weddings … it’s the perfect decor inspiration she needed to take things to the next level and so we got to work together on this beautiful Thanksgiving Chandelier.
Here is what you will need to get started …
- Long board
- Hand drill
- Faux leaves
- Spray paint
- Fishing line
1. Measure and cut the board
2. Measure and mark where to drill holes (space them out as desired so the leaves hang in a balanced presentation – consider spacing rows every four inches lengthwise on board, and alternate distance width wise at four inch increments)
3. Do a light sanding if necessary, then paint both sides of the board
4. Spray paint faux leaves (to avoid leaves flying off the painting surface cup the leave being sprayed and get spray nozzle as close as possible to leaf)
5. Cut fishing line to desired length (keep in mind, the total length should be double the final hanging length of one strand)
6. Loop the cut fishing line strands up through one hole and down the one next to it. Glue two leaves together back to back with the fishing line in the between. Repeat until you have reached desired quantity of leaves on each strand of fishing line.
Have you got a stylish, next level thanksgiving decor DIY? Share with us in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram and Twitter so make sure you follow @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYfengshui #DIYplay
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!