I LOVE decorating for the holidays and think that it’s never too early to start! Especially with DIY’s…you do them now so by Christmas time, you are good to go and look like you’ve had Christmas organized for decades! Plus, I love rustic cabin décor, and this would fit right in. I wish I had a cabin that we were remodeling to put this in…but for now it will stay with my Christmas stash!
You Will Need:
- Christmas red berries
- Pine Cones with snow accents
- Large wooden letter(s)
- ¼” plywood 18”x24” in size
- Any Christmas embellishments you’d like
- White paint
- Paint brush
- Sand paper
- Draw a Reindeer Silhouette with a pencil onto your plywood.You can free-hand this or download something from the internet.
- Sand off all the edges to make them smooth with sand paper.
- Cut this out with a jigsaw.
- Dry brush white paint on your deer. Set aside to dry.
- Start adding pine cones, berries and décor to the head of your deer with hot glue.
- Add a wooden letter to the bottom of the deer to symbolize your family name, or if this is a gift, their name.Add this with hot glue
- Using twine on the backside of your deer, add twine and secure with hot glue to hold up your deer for décor.
- Enjoy your DIY Reindeer Silhouette!
- Question: Do you have to use a jigsaw? Answer: If you want to use this on wood, then yes. However, you could do a cute version on foam core which would only require scissors and/or a craft knife.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!