Christmas in July is finally here and to get us in the mood I have some DIY christmas decor that you can make simply with popsicle sticks, hot glue and a little free time!
You Will Need:
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot Glue
- Acrylic Paint (Green or whatever your preference is)
- Cherry stain
- Sponge brush
- Print out your template. You can download your tree template here!
- It will print out on a couple different pieces of paper so line up the lines & tape them together
- Start laying your popsicle sticks along the lines of the template
- Hot glue the popsicle sticks together on the corners
- Then place a second layer of sticks on top
- Continue gluing and layering like this until your tree is as deep as you’d like it to be
- Once you have the depth you’d like take your cherry stain & start applying it to the outside of the tree
- Once the outside stain has dried it’s time go & put color in for the inside
- For the inside use your colored acrylic paint & paint on the inside popsicle sticks
- For the inside, it’s beneficial to rip the sponge brush off the stick & apply the paint with that. It’s easier to get paint into all of the nooks
- Let dry & then you’re done!
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY