Mother’s Day is right around the corner…have you thought about a present yet? The time is now! I know that with my mom, she doesn’t really need big, extravagant presents, but rather something more meaningful. A bracelet that reminds a mom about the love she has with her children is much better than any material thing out there! I’m going to show you not only how to decorate mom bracelets, but also a “pull back” method. It’s a cool trend that’s very popular at the moment. Here’s how to get started …
You Will Need:
- Wood bracelets
- Acrylic paint
- A pen that retracts
- Painter’s tape
- Artist medium
- Paint any design that you would like on the bracelets.
- For the part where you would like to “pull back” a name, mix the acrylic paint with artist medium (50/50).
- Before it dries, grab your pen with its ink retracted and press it on the wood. Write like you would on a piece of paper to write your message in the wood.
- If you would like to use shapes that you can make with painter’s tape, put tape on the bracelet in geometric shapes.
- Paint around the blue tape.
- Once dry, pull off the tape to reveal the design!
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family where you can watch how-to step by step!