Today I’m joining forces with Ken and Orly to show you how to paint just about anything. We divided and conquered to give you guys tools to paint a variety of fun and unique objects. I’ll start things off with showing you how to plant artificial potted plants! It’s unusual, stylish and fun!
I am always looking for creative new ways to update and breathe new life into old decor. This is a great idea to add some personality and color to ya play room, a dorm room or your favourite area in your home. Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Spray paint
- Painters tape
- Sponge shape brushes in a variety of shapes
- Acrylic paint
- Artificial plants in pots
- Paper plate
- Paint brushes
- Tape off the pot and any rocks or soil that it is placed in.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray paint the leaves. If one coat doesn’t cover the green, add additional coats until you have full coverage. Set aside to dry.
- Take some of the acrylic paint and put it into the paper plate as your palette. Using the sponge shapes, dip the sponge into the paint and make a couple sponge marks on the plate (to make sure it’s not over or under saturated) before adding the color onto the plant.
- Use different shapes to create different designs on each plant.
- Set aside to dry.
- Remove the painters tape
- Put the plants together and enjoy your new creation.
- Do three plants to create a cute, whimsical look. It will look much better as a set!
- Use colors that are in the same color shade, or that compliment one another.
- Use a 2x’s coverage spray paint (paint with primer in one). Will cut down your prep time so you can start decorating the plant!
- If you want to leave some green (or the original color of the plant), either tape that off during the spray-paint process, or paint with acrylic paint by hand to leave some exposed.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!