I’m getting you ready for you New Year’s countdown and showing you how to turn a pile of plastic cups into a new Years Eve ball … get ready for it to drop! Here is what you need to get started in 4, 3, 2, 1 …
You Will Need:
- Plastic Cocktail Cups
- Christmas Lights
- Plywood Round (2’)
- PVC Pipe (1”x 6’)
- L Brackets (4)
Directions for Ball
1. Drill a hole to match the size of your lights.
2. Staple the sides of your plastic cups together.
3. Create ball by a stapling multiple plastic cups together.
4. When half way through sphere, start putting in the lights.
5. Continue creating full ball as you put your lights in.
6. Leave a 1 cup opening to insert lights.
7, Turn on lights.
Directions for Stand
1 Use a 2’ size plywood round for your base.
2. Use 4 L Brackets to secure 1”x 6’ size PVC pipe to plywood round.
3. Use fishing line to thread through the cup ball.
4. Lower to the count of 10!
Happy New Year!
We want to wish everyone a happy and safe New Year and can’t wait to bring you more content and some exciting new things for 2019! Remember we want to see your DIY’s so follow us on Instagram and Twitter @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYplay
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!