For Christmas in July, I made Christmas snow globes that were a huge hit! Well, I’m taking that idea just a bit further and mixing them with a hostess gift that you can give this holiday season. There is this amazing blogger online that I absolutely LOVE all of her ideas. Her name is Kelly Dixon and her blog is www.smartschoolhouse.com, and this DIY is inspired by her project. This mixes a cute DIY with a gift for Christmas…a true sign of the ultimate hand-made gift…one that will be appreciated by anyone who receives it!
- Several different sizes of mason jars with lids. I used a small jar, a regular sized jar, and on oversized cookie jar.
- Fake snow (I used a plastic-based snow).
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Fillable clear plastic ornaments (the ones that come in 2 parts – you will only need one part per mason jar) I got sizes 100mm, 80mm and 50mm.
- Miniature Christmas decorations
- White card stock
- Ribbon or twine
- Goodies to fill the mason jars
- OPTIONAL: Small twinkle lights
- OPTIONAL: Gift tags
- Take the top of the mason jar lid off and trace it onto white paper.
- Cut out the circle and glue it to the lid of the jar on top.
- Add fake snow to the top of the mason jar lid.
- Add little miniature figurines and décor to create your own little snow globe scenes.
- Once you love the configuration, glue the items into place.
- Glue the half ornament to the outside rim of the lid.
- Fill the mason jar with your own little goodies.
- Screw the lid on and add ribbon or twine around the lid.
- Add a gift tag if you would like.
You can create these adorable Mason Jar Snow Globe gifts all by shopping with Amazon online … I didn’t even have to leave the house. If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your Festive Holiday DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY