Displaying your children’s accomplishments is a right of passage for a parent. One extra curricular activity that you may have had a road block with on how to display is Karate. So I am here to karate chop that block and show you a cute display for your kids karate belts – or your own for that matter! Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Wood piece for base – 1” x 6” x 40” long
- Wood pieces for belt display 1” x 3”x 24 inches long
- Screw gun
- Nail gun
- Elastic Cord – ½” wide
- Crown molding piece
- Wood piece for top 1” x 4”
1. Cut your base piece to size.
2. Paint base piece black.
3. Cut your smaller wood pieces (1×4’s) to desired size to create slats for the belts.
4. Lay out your slats on a flat surface, evenly spaced.
5. Add wood glue to the middle of the slats.
6. Lay the base piece on top of the slats and secure with nail gun. This will be the back side of the structure.
7. OPTIONAL: Add stain to your wood
8. Add elastic to each slat.
9. Add folded belt under each elastic piece.
10. Hang structure and enjoy! Add a picture of your dynamic kids on top to show off how proud you are of their accomplishments!
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY