Holiday Stockings … nothing quite screams Christmas like stockings lined up along the mantle above the fireplace. If you caught my Home and Family segment today, I showed you all how to create your own DIY stocking holders, so now … why not show you how to make your very own stockings! This was so much fun and can be a great activity to do with the kids. Let them decorate their very own Christmas Stockings, individualized and personalized for your family.
You Will Need:
- Fabric glue
- Any ribbon or decoration you would like on your stockings
- Make a template of a stocking shape that you would like your holiday stocking to be. You can make this out of cardboard or thick paper.
- Trace your template onto the backside of your fabric. Note, you will need two pieces of fabric to create your stocking.
- Cut out your stocking leaving approximately one inch around the entire outline. This excess will be used to glue your pieces together.
- Glue together your two stocking cutouts, being careful not to glue within the traced area. Let stockings dry for at least one hour. You can set books or heavy objects on top of your stockings to help the adhering process along.
- Once dry, turn inside out so that there is no seam. Be sure to push all the edges out completely so that your stocking shape is gorgeous!
- Now all you’ve gotta do is – decorate! Go wild and be creative, this is a chance for you to express your Christmas Creative Genius.
NOTE: If you plan on putting some rather hefty gifts in your stockings, you might want to add a large stitch to the seams using a needle and thread.
For more Holiday Inspiration head on over and visit my pinterest page. We want to see your recipe creations at home! So make sure you follow us on Instagram and Twitter@paigehemmis & #DIYplay #DIYholidays