At my house, I have 5 kids…but each of these kids has four legs…I have 2 dogs and 3 cats! But for the wonderful hosts of our show, Debbie and Mark, they have the 2-legged kind, and they are getting bigger by the moment! Both of these little cuties will grow throughout the years, and I’m giving them a way to document that growth with a fun and whimsical growth chart. I love the typical growth charts that people do in their homes, but it’s typically on the wall. What happens if you move? Well this growth chart can grow with you no matter how many times you move throughout your lives!
- 1″x 6″ board (6ft long)
- Magnetic strips (enough to fill a 6’ board)
- Small magnets
- Paint brush
- Artist brush
- 1/8” Craft wood
- Measuring tape
- Acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Ribbon or twine
- Sand paper
- Black acrylic paint
- OPTIONAL: Small c-hook
1. Paint your 1”x6” board a solid color, or use your imagination to create a fun scene.
2. Using your craft wood, draw your desired object.
3. Cut out your object with a jigsaw.
4. Sand down any rough edges.
5. Mark the middle of the board with your tape measure.
6. Attach the magnetic strip along the middle of the board going vertically with hot glue.
7. Paint your objects and set aside to dry.
8. Once dry, hot glue a magnet to the backside of your object (this will be your marker for
how tall your little one grows)
9. On the board, using your tape measure, make lines and numbers with to look like a large
10. Go over these lines with black paint and artist brush. Set aside to dry.
11. On the side of the board, screw in the c-hook, and hang a permanent marker on it so that
you can keep track of your child’s progress.
12. Add your fun object/marker in place with the magnet. Get your child’s height by moving
the marker up. Since you won’t have to write on their height, you can simply add the date.
13. Hang it on the wall using a French cleat.
How do you mark your children’s growth over the years? We want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so make sure you follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family where you can watch how-to step by step!