I love coming up with Christmas ideas that are a bit out of the box. This is out of the box, and into the bottle! You can take left over wine bottles, or get colored bottles that are just for crafts. And the really fun part is that they now make wine corks that are attached to lights…so when you put the cork in the bottle, the lights create a fun and festive piece of decor that can be placed as centrepieces on your dining table or adorning your fireplace mantle. Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Bottles green, red and clear work
- Frosted glass spray paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Artist fan paintbrush
- Wine cork LED lights
- Optional: Snow-Tex or glitter snow
1. In a well-ventilated area, spray paint your clean wine bottle with the frosted glass. Set aside to dry. If you want the bottle to be more opaque, you can add layers of the frosted glass spray paint.
2. Once the bottles are dry, take the fan brush and dab it into the black acrylic paint. Then paint one vertical line that will serve as the trunk of your tree.
3. To create the branches, use a dabbing technique. Make sure your tree gets narrower towards the top. Set aside to dry.
4. If you want snowy branches take a clean or new brush and add snow in a dabbing motion on the ends of the branches.
5. Take the LED wine cork and feed the lights into the bottle. Insert the cork.
6. Arrange the bottles into your décor as desired, turn on and enjoy!
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!