‘Tis the Season for getting cozy under a blanket by the fire, snuggling up with your loved ones and watching your favorite Hallmark Christmas movies. I have the perfect DIY to help make this happen. My DIY Fire Starters are the ultimate in upcycling, using toilet paper rolls and dryer lint to keep you warm and toasty. Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Dryer lint
- Toilet paper rolls
- Cotton balls
- Petroleum jelly
- Tissue paper
- Cinnamon sticks
1. Take your cotton balls and cover them with petroleum jelly. You can dip these into the jar or use a popsicle stick or tongue depressor to apply it.
2. Next, place the covered cotton balls in the center of your toilet paper roll.
3. Head to your dryer for the next product, dryer lint! Take that lint and stuff it on both sides of the cotton.
4. We want to keep these out on display near the fireplace, so we want them to look cute. Take some tissue paper or newspaper and wrap the roll, make sure to leave length the sides of to tie up the excess tissue paper. Tie each end with twine.
5. The last step is to add some cinnamon sticks. These are both flammable and they will make you fire smell amazing! Add these to the top and secure with twine.
6. Burn and enjoy!
For more festive DIY’s make sure you head on over to Home & Family online. Share with us all of your Holiday crafts and DIYs on Instagram and Twitter @paigehemmis
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!