I’m getting into the holiday spirit by showing you how to make your own Christmas Countdown Marquee. Before getting started, you can ask your hardware store to cut the plywood for you, as long as you purchase it from the same store. Just make sure to give yourself up to 24 hours for the hot glue to dry if you decide to use that instead of nails.
You Will Need:
- Craft wood
- 1×3 wood
- Adhesive letters
- Drill bit
- Wood glue
1. First, if needed all of your wood pieces, sand and put aside
2. Using wood glue and nails, adhere 1x3s to plywood base. This will create your frame.
3. Stain or paint as desired
4. Cut craft wood to fit inside frame and drill holes for hooks
5. Using drill bit, drill holes to create the opening for the lights. (Be sure to pre-measure to ensure enough holes for the amount of lights you have)
6. Take your hooks and screw them into the plywood base, make sure to measure out your spacing to fit the craft wood. With so many days until Christmas, make sure I had enough space for 3 plaques.
7. Add your number to the craft wood and hang them on the hooks.
8. Spell out your Countdown to Christmas, or whatever phrase you are using.
9. Plug in your lights and enjoy your countdown.
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY