In honor of Hallmark’s ‘Finding Father Christmas’, we are going to be making a charm bracelet like the one in the movie that gives Miranda, the main character, a clue to her own family history.
No charm bracelet is ordinary! The beauty about charm bracelets is that they tell a story – whatever you have going on in your life, or whatever you want to celebrate, you can get a charm for that. You can theme them for a certain event for yourself or give them as a gift.
Here is what you need to get started …
You Will Need:
- Silver (or the metal of your choosing) chain in your desired length, or you can buy a pre-built charm bracelet from the craft store.
- 1 Set of silver jewelry jump rings
- Needle-nosed pliers (or a jewelry pliers kit)
- Wire cutter
- Measure the desired amount of chain that you would like.
- Cut the chain with the wire cutter at your desired length.
- Open one of the jump rings with your pliers and attach it to a part of your chain. Add a charm to the jump ring. Once the jump ring is through the chain, re-close the ring with your pliers by squeezing it back together.
- Repeat this process for all charms.
- Put around your wrist and wear with pride!
Do you own a charm bracelet? What is the story behind yours? Share with us in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram and Twitter so make sure you follow @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYgifts #DIYplay
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!