- Electric Drill with a 1/8” drill bit
- Assorted wood frames
- Small screws (depending on how deep your frames are)
- Phillips head screwdriver (or attachment for drill)
- Strong adhesive (I’m using E6000)
- Small pine craft wood ¼” x 1.5” x 12”
- Paint (optional)
- Ribbon (optional)
- French cleat wall picture hanger
- Small wooden letters
- Hangers or knobs (optional)
- Sandpaper (optional)
- Any accessories you would like
- On a level surface, lay out/arrange your frames that you want to use. You may need to move the frames around to see what layout you like the best. Mismatching edges are great.
- Take out the glass and paint any frames that you would like painted. Let dry.
- Fill the pictures with words, photos, fabric or craft paper.
- Turn the entire project (all frames and accessories) over to attach them together.
- Use your ¼” craft wood cut in small sizes (which will depend on how big your frames are) to attach each frame to one another. Use a strong adhesive to bond the frames together. Use adhesive on any surface that touches as well as under the craft wood.
- Over the craft wood, install two screws, one into each frame. This will bind the frames together. You may want to drill a pilot hole first to assure that your wood frames won’t crack. Be sure that you are drilling into the FRAME and not the glass, otherwise the glass will shatter.
- Continue this process until your entire project is connected as one unit. Let the glue dry.
- Attach your French cleat to the back of your project. Add the second part of the French cleat to the wall (or if this is a gift, include the second part in the gift to make it easy for your recipient to hang it.)
- Turn the project over and sand back any spots that you would like to look distress.
- Add any embellishments you would like to your project. I’m choosing to add wooden letters that symbolize what the project is for. I’m making this project a “House Warming Gift”, so I am placing the word “HOME” on top of my frame collage.
Here’s one for a new baby …
You can make this for graduation gift, new baby, birthday, or any occasion that you would like! It’s up to you. Show us what you will be celebrating!
Head on over to Home & Family to watch this DIY!
Share your DIY home makeovers with us on Instagram and twitter and make sure you tag @paigehemmis and hashtag #DIYhome