During the holiday season we are given so many wonderful gifts, cards and keepsakes but so often have no where to put them. Our homes are already decorated with our usual decor. I decided to create Christmas decor that is both decorative and functional. Here is how you can too!
You Will Need:
- 12 boards
- Robe hooks
- Tape measure
- Wood glue
- Carpenter’s square
- Brad nailer
- Miter Saw
1. Use a jigsaw to cut out the side support pieces in a decorative shape. Attach to back piece. You can use 1-1/4″ nails and glue or screws to attach.
2. Use screws to attach bottom shelf to supports and back.
3. Use screws to attach a pair of sides to the bottom shelf.
4. Continue working upward, attaching the shelves and sides, with 1-1/4″ trim screws and
5. Finally attach the top to the tree, using screws and glue.
6. Hang on wall.
All that’s left to do is adorn with your favorite holiday keepsakes!
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY