I LOVE curries and Asian flavours when I’m cooking in the kitchen! Not only do I think that they are super delicious but I know that the herbs and spices used to cook some of these culinary delights are so beneficial for my digestive system, my immune system and just my health in general that there’s no darn reason not to enjoy.
The cold weather has set in and cold and flu season is here so I grabbed my Vitamix and whipped up a warm, healing and immune boosting soup. It has just the right balance of flavour and freshness that it tastes so light, it can be enjoyed all year around. So seriously, what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and get blending!
Basil & Lemongrass Soup
Serves: 2 -4 people
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- ¼ zucchini
- ½ green capsicum
- 1 can green peas 8oz
- 1-2 spring onions (shallots)
- 2 cloves garlic
- knob of ginger (1 inch)
- 1 green chili
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 5-6 leaves fresh mint
- 1 cup baby spinach
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup cashews
- salt & pepper
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve hot!
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onions, basil and mint and some cracked pepper – it’s delicious!
Note: If you prefer a chunky style soup you could cook up some brown rice and add to your soup at the end to create texture and a little munch – it’s up to you, get creative!
For more Recipe Inspiration head on over and visit my good friends at Raw Blend. We want to see your recipe creations at home! So make sure you follow us on Instagram and Twitter @paigehemmis & #DIYeat!