A Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe … why you might ask? Well, first of all I am self confessed peanut butter addict. I remember coming home from school and making myself a peanut butter sandwich or dipping celery sticks into the jar of peanut butter. Okay let’s face it, it was peanut butter with a side of celery but I would lay on my futon bed with my purple tie dyed bedspread, music blaring from my 3 stacker cd player and talking to my friends on the good old land line about nothing and everything until it was time for dinner … even though I had just spent the entire day with them. Yep, that’s where my brain goes when I think of peanut butter.
So with all of those feel good vibes why would I not carry my love affair with peanut butter into my adult life? I would, and I did.
Now cue the most delicious Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe you could EVER imagine. I understand that’s probably subjective and I am absolutely biased but … these cookies are AMAZING.
My Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe is really simple to make. I highly recommend whipping out your Vitamix and making your own homemade peanut butter fresh. You can get the recipe HERE. I think it always tastes soooo much better but if you don’t have that kind of time on your hands and organic peanut butter will work.
Now these cookies come out of the oven with a kind of shortbread consistency, they crumble and melt in your mouth which is amazing when you’re eating them, but a hot tip for you when you’re making them; allow time for the cookies to cool and set completely before you jazz them up with chocolate topping.
Other than that you are good to go! So get what are you waiting for? Get in that kitchen and become that domestic goddess you know you are!
By the way, for those of you who have friends that love you unconditionally but roll their eyes every time you have to adjust the menu for your dietary requirements … well, they will love this Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe too! I shared them with all my carnivore produce consuming friends and they kept coming back for more! Bonus.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
You Will Need:
- 1/2 vegan butter ( I like Earth Balance but you can use anything you like)
- 3/4 coconut sugar
- x2 scoops vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- vegan chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- crushed peanuts, optional
- In your Vitamix blend together vegan butter, coconut sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract and maple syrup until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a seperate mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to your mixing bowl and combine well to form a dough. I like to use my hands, though it can get a little messy.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and remove dough from fridge. Roll round cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a fork, gently flatten your cookies in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Melt your topping ingredients on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Dip completely cooled cookies half way into your melted chocolate mix, sprinkle with crushed peanuts and place back on the parchment paper to set.
- Eat & Enjoy!
For more healthy living & Recipe Inspiration head on over and visit my good friends at Raw Blend. We want to see your recipe creations at home! Make sure you follow us on Instagram and Twitter @paigehemmis & #DIYeat to share with us your delicious recipes!