What makes a damn good brownie? What do you love about brownies? I have to ask these questions because the truth is I am not a brownie connoisseur but almost everyone in my household is.
When Paige and I moved to a predominately plant based diet, giving up the pastries and baked goods was not easy … for Paige at least. She has a sweet tooth and they were her vice … mine was anything deep fried and salty. One of her FAVORITE sweet treats was the classic brownie and we were sitting on the couch pondering life, like we do, and she mentioned how much she missed eating brownies … delicious, gooey, chocolate brownies. Ya’ll know that a friend in need is a friend indeed, so I got creating and whipped up a batch of vegan brownies.
Vegan. Decadent. Rich. Gooey. Chocolate. Calling all chocoholics … This Vegan Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe is for you! It has everything you could ever want in a brownie and it reeeeally satisfies the sweet tooth, so you only need a little slice to help curb those cravings.
Bring it on …
Vegan Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups vegan choc chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Mix together in large bowl avocado, oil, flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and filtered water.
- Whisk vigorously for a smooth batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie mixture into a lightly greased brownie tin and spread evenly. Add chocolate chips to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and set aside to cool for a further 20 minutes.
- Cut, serve, eat and enjoy!
For more healthy living & Recipe Inspiration head on over and visit my good friends at Raw Blend. We want to see your recipe creations at home! Make sure you follow us on Instagram and Twitter @paigehemmis & #DIYeat to share with us your delicious recipes!