Just because Christmas is over, doesn’t mean that we can’t keep the magic of winter alive. So I thought, with the Christmas Wreaths coming down off the doors why not replace them with an adorable and easy Snowman Door Hang! Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Embroidery hoops in 3 consecutive sizes
- Spray paint in white
- Faux fur in white
- Felt in orange and black
- Twigs for arms
- Scarf or cozy fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Twine or string
1. Spray paint your embroidery hoops white and allow them to thoroughly dry.
2. Lay your faux fur out and place your embroidery hoops on top. Cut around each hoop with about 1” seam allowance.
3. Fit your fabric pieces into the hoops. Pull the fabric taut and tighten the hoop.
4. Fold the fabric onto the inside of the embroidery hoop and use hot glue to secure it. This prevents fraying of the fabric and will help it stand the test of time. Repeat on all three hoops.
5. Glue the embroidery hoops together, layering them with the biggest on the bottom, then the medium and smallest on top. Make sure that the hoop fastener is at the top of the hoop when you glue so it’s hidden under the next hoop.
6. Now you need to make the face details, cut a carrot shape out of orange felt for the nose and a small smile out of black felt.
7. Position the beanie on the head to see where the face should be placed.
8. Arrange the face and buttons on the body. Secure everything with glue once you like the placement.
9. Put the scarf around the “neck” of your snowman. If you didn’t have a scarf, cut a narrow, long rectangle of any cozy fabric you have around!
10. To hang the snowman, tie twine or string in a loop to the fastener of the middle embroidery hoop.
11. Hang and enjoy!
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!