Do you have a PILE of necklaces, bracelets, and jewelry that you can quite get untangled? You know the type… The kind that just sit in your drawer in the hopes that one day you will have the time to untangle them all. I’ve had a pile of jewelry that I’ve given up on. I’ve tried and tried to get it untangled, but I raise my little white flag of defeat on every wearing that again, unless a tangled mess becomes the hottest new trend for 2017. In an effort to NOT have my jewelry tangled in the future, I’m setting out to create a jewelry rack that is as stylish as the jewelry on it. You can put this in your closet, or have it out in your room as an art display. The choice is yours!
- Shutters (or any wood material you would like to use)
- Picture Frame
- Miscellaneous drawer pulls (or cabinet knobs)
- Drill bit (just a bit bigger than the screws that come with the drawer pulls)
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
1. Take the wood and layout where you would like to hang your knobs. Keep in mind that you will want a place to hold longer necklaces, and shorter bracelets.
2. Take your drill and drill holes in the wood where you’ve chosen.
3. Attach the knobs by putting the knob on the front side of the wood, and the screw on the back side of the wood. Screw in knob until it is tight on the wood.
4. For the frame, remove the glass that comes with an 8×10 picture frame. You will not need the glass.
5. Take the back of frame and add material to it with a glue gun. It’s best to use a jute, burlap
or help that has holes in the fabric. This will allow you to attach S-hooks to the fabric that will hold extra jewelry.
6. Add any S-hooks that you would like.
7. Voila! Hang your jewelry WITHOUT getting it tangled!
Are you planning an Engagement Party? Share with us in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram and Twitter so make sure you follow @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYfengshui #DIYplay
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!