Winter is in full swing! And with it comes the wonderful scenery with snow! And while the snow is beautiful outside, it’s not so great inside, so to help us keep our wet boots from creating a mess indoors, I’m going to show you how to make a cute Winter book rack for your front or back porch. Here is how you can create your very own at home.
You Will Need:
- A large wooden serving tray
- Drawer pull handles
- Small caster wheels
- Screwdriver or screw gun
- Drill with ¼” drill bit
- Paint or stain
- Rags or paintbrush
- Spray or roll on polyurethane
- Optional: Decorations for the tray
1. If you would like to paint or stain your tray, now is the time to do it. Paint or stain then set aside to dry.
2. Next add polyurethane. Either spray it on or roll it on. Allow to dry.
3. Turn the tray upside down. Add the castor wheels to all four corners using the hardware provided.
4. Add your drawer pulls to either the sides or the top of your boot rack.
5. Take your drill and drill bit and make several holes through the bottom. This will allow water to run out of the tray and onto the ground.
- If your porch tends to lean one way or have any slope, make sure your holes land at the bottom of that slope.
- Add any additional décor to your boot rack if you would like.
- Set your boot rack by the front or back door, add your snowy boots and enjoy!
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!