With summer around the corner your pooch is going to be spending more time lounging outdoors in the sun. What this DIY will ensure is that your pup will be hanging at home in comfort, style and shade with this DIY Outdoor Doggy Bed. Here is how to get started!
You Will Need:
- 13 pieces of 2×4 cut to size
- dog bed
- UV proof fabric, you can use Sunbrella or black out curtains
- Velcro strips
- Screw gun
- 3 pieces of 1×10 cut to size
- Measuring tape
1. Measure the dog bed appropriate to your breed of dog. This will allow you to adjust this DIY to fit your own personal specifications.
2. Lay out the 2×4 wood for the base of the structure
3. Add the 1×10 pieces on three sides of the structure at the bottom
4. Add the top structure made out of 2×4’s
5. Measure your roof structure
6. Cut your fabric to the size
7. Attach the Velcro to sides of the structure and to your fabric and drape it over the top. Securing it on the sides with Velcro.
8. Cut your dog bed in the structure and have your dog enjoy!
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY