Looking to update you lampshades? Well, we have a DIY with variations that should suit everyone’s individual style! Make it your own and have fun! Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Ruffle Material – Linen, canvas or cotton
- Hot Glue
- Polyester Upholstery
- Hot Glue
- Planter Pot
- Embellishment trim
Directions for Ruffle Lampshade
1. Cut your material into circular pieces – approximately 4-6 inches
2. Fold your circular design once in half, then once more, so that it creates this almost flower-like design
3. Using a hot glue gun, glue the flower-design to your lampshade
4. A BIG tip here is to make sure you layer your pieces next to one-another, to really help create that ruffle effect!
Directions for Burlap Lampshade
1. Attach your fabric at the bottom of the lampshade using hot glue
2. Build your design up the lamp – A tip here is if you have a lampshade that goes straight up or down, this would be ideal! Simply attach the fabric at the bottom and then fold it over on top so that it wraps around the lampshade.
Directions for Planter Lampshade
1. The most important part of this lampshade design is that your planter pot fits on top of your lampshade. My lampshade was measured out to 5 inches in diameter at the top, so I purchased a potted plant that has a bezel of 6inches, so it can fit right on top!
2. From there, simply add in your planter and hot glue- embellishment trim over the wire.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!