If you’re anything like me and come from a long line of amazing home-makers you will have experienced that happiness, connection and family revolved around food and the kitchen.
I have so many kitchen tools, utensils, recipes that have been handed down for my grandmother who is a #masterchef in the kitchen and not only did she hand down her tools but also her wealth of culinary knowledge and secrets. However, with all the new tech gadgets I don’t often get the opportunity to use them all and I definitely do not want to throw away these precious heirlooms. So instead I created a DIY to display and keep all of these treasures. Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Large Wood Board
- Cooking Utensils (the older the better!)
- Frame and recipe
- Hot Glue
- Drill and screws
- Cup Hooks
- Green, black and gold paint
1. Find a board that fits the area that you would to fill.
2. Lay it flat and lay out all of your kitchen utensils across it. Move them around, position them in different places, even them apart if you prefer a certain part of it. Keep doing this until you are totally comfortable with where they sit.
3. Frame a beloved recipe to add an accent to the board.
4. Depending on the size and shape of your items, you will need to use different techniques to hang them. Either hot glue, screw, or use cup hooks to hold them in place.
TIp: If you have something that you would like to look older, but do not want to wait the 30 years, you can add a fake varnish.
Tip: If there is a particular person or event you want to commemorate, I actually painted it on a rolling pin!
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!