Do you need a stylish storage solution for your fresh seasonal fruits and veg? I came up with this DIY today out of necessity! My fruit bowl at home was overflowing with apples, bananas, oranges – you name it. My trees are producing so many oranges! Now, this hanging fruit bowl is going to solve all of my fruit – related dilemmas and look quite stylish in the process. Here is how to get started!
You Will Need:
- Wooden bowls (set of 3 nesting bowls)
- ¼-inch polyester rope
- Decorative Beads
- Hot Glue
- Metal Hook
- Drill 3 holes in the large, medium and small wooden bowls.
- Tie 3 knots on the bottom of the ¼-inch polyester rope.
- Thread the rope through the large bowl.
- Tie the second set of 3 knots to desired length on the rope.
- Note: Paige spaced her bowls 10.5” apart from each other.
- Thread the rope through the second medium bowl.
- Tie the third set of 3 knots near the top on the remaining rope. Add third bowl.
- Note: Add decorative beads in between bowls, if desired. Use hot glue to keep beads in specific place on the rope. Otherwise, let the beads fall down to the knot.
- Tie 3 rope strands together at the top.
- Note: You can add one final bead here.
- Hot glue the ends of the rope together to ensure security.
- Hang utilizing a stud in your kitchen and use a metal hook to hang your DIY fruit basket.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!