Nothing says fall like snuggling up by the fireplace with a blanket and a good book … or your favorite Hallmark movie. So with the fireplace flickering we decided to create a cute firewood storage for your living room. Here is how you get started!
You Will Need:
- 4 – 2″x4” boards
- 2 – ½” galvanized metal flanges
- 1 – 18” x ½”galvanized metal pipe
- Rotary saw
- Wood glue
- Leather: 16 ½” x 46”
- 12 – rivets
- Rivet press or a rivet setter with hammer
- Hole punch
- 2 – 1” wood dowels (we used oak)
Directions for Cradle
1. Cut 4, “2 x 4” boards to desired length,
(with 37 degree angles at top and bottom of boards).
2. Saw equal notches into center part of 2 boards by running rotary saw back and forth along area to be notched. Chisel out the cut pieces, sand if necessary.
3. Cross 1 notched board over other notched board
(anchoring together at center point) and glue.
4. Screw round metal flange onto inside center part of crossed legs.
5. Repeat on opposite set.
6. Screw galvanized metal pipe into both flanges to attach legs.
Directions for Sling
1. Cut leather to desired size (ours was 46” x 16 ½”)
(Allow extra length for heavy contents to dip).
2. Cut rectangle in center part of either end.
3. Lay wooden dowel across end and wrap leather over pipe.
4. Mark where holes for rivets will go.
5. Punch holes.
6. Secure with rivets.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!