Autumn is my favorite time to decorate. I love Fall décor, and love making Fall décor! These decorative mason jars are adorable and surprisingly easy to make, and they will certainly give your Fall décor a boost! We are elevating these jars…both literally and figurative by making them fancy and putting them on candle sticks. Here is how to get started!
You Will Need:
- Mason Jars
- Acrylic paint in the colors of your choosing (I’m using black, grey, orange and brown)
- Paint brushes
- White spray paint
- Sand paper
- Large based candlesticks
- OPTIONAL: Décor items such as ribbon, twine, vinyl letters, paint pens, etc.
- Take your white spray paint and paint all mason jars with white as a background. Set aside to dry.
- To make the plaid pattern, take your grey paint and paint vertical lines every few inches. The thickness of the strip will determine the style of your plaid. Set aside to dry.
- Paint horizontal strips around the mason jar about the same width apart as your vertical lines. Set aside to dry.
- You will have a crisscross pattern with grey. Where the lines converge, take your black acrylic paint and paint in the squares. Set aside to dry.
- Take the black paint and paint the rim/edge of the mason jar. Set aside to dry.
- For other patterns and colors, let your imagination fly! I used orange and gold acrylic paint to create polka-dots, ribbon and craft paper to make one design, and added twine to the top of some for decor. The possibilities are endless.
- Set mason jars on your candlesticks, fill with treats, and enjoy!
- Clean and dry mason jars before painting to assure there is no debris inside or outside.
- Make sure that you are spray painting the entire jar – either pick them up or turn them over to get the bottom.
- Mark with pencil on the mason jar where you want your stripes. You can cover this with your grey paint.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!