Glass etching is a creative and cute way to personalize your holiday decor or gifts for your loved ones. It gives your glassware just that little something extra, don’t you think? You don’t have to just stop at the holidays either. Glass etching is perfect for all of your special occasions. Whether it be an engagement party, wedding or birthday extravaganza, make it personal! Here is how to get started.
You will Need:
- Masking tape
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
- Water Source
- Exacto knife
- Etching cream
- Paint brush
- Contact paper
1. Clean the glassware to remove all grease. If glassware is dirty it will be more difficult to do the etching process.
2. Choose stencil design and carefully cut the stencil sheet and frosted baking sheet together apply to the glass. Measure to see where you’d like to see your stencil on your glass.
3. Transfer the stencil onto the glass from the sheet. Rub up and down and side to side.
4. Once the entire stencil has been adhered, remove the top sheet.
5. Prepare the glass for etching. Apply masking tape around the stencil.
6. Apply a thick layer of the cream. It’s important to be in a well ventilated area.
7. Let cream sit fo 60 seconds! Remove etching cream and stencil. Immediately wash off the etching cream with water. Clean and dry.
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY