Having pups is a fabulous thing in life! They make our world so much better every single day. I have two dogs, Juno and Ceres…and I have to tell you that Ceres would qualify as a “Happy Tail”. We rescued Ceres from the West Valley (kill) Shelter. She was one day over-due to be euthanized. Jason stayed with her for a couple of days until we took her home. She was 28 pounds when we got her in 2011, and she’s 80 pounds now.
Because we have the two dogs, they love to go on walks together. If you are anything like me, when it’s time for a walk, I end up searching around for their leashes. And since we have both dogs, if you find one leash without the other, you will have very unhappy pups in your midst! We really needed a central place to keep their leashes, so we came up with this adorable dog leash hanger! This will work if you have just one dog or if you have ten! Here is how to get started!
You Will Need:
- Wood craft plaque
- Wood cut-out craft bones
- Acrylic paint or any color stain
- Mod podge
- Robe hook(s)
- Picture of your dog printed out
- Paint pen
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Get a picture of your pup sitting down from the back. Size this accordingly to your craft plaque. Print this out and cut out the shape of your dog.
2. If you would like to paint your craft plaque, do it now. Any color of paint (or even stain) will work.
3. Once that has dried, take the picture of your dog and attach it to the plaque with mod podge. Set aside to dry.
4. Measure where you would like your robe hook to go. This should cover up your dog’s real tail. Mark on the plaque where the holes are for screwing in your robe hook.
5. Instead of just screwing in your robe hook with the screws provided, you will want to drill your screw holes so that it doesn’t take the picture with it or alter the picture in any way. Pre-drill where you marked.
6. Wipe off any dust from the drill.
7. Screw in the robe hook.
8. If the robe hook is the color of your dog’s tail, you can leave it. If the hook is a different color, paint it to match the picture of your dog.
9. Take your small craft wood bone and write your dog’s name on it with a paint pen.
10. Attach this just above your dog’s picture on the plaque with hot glue.
11. Hang on your wall, add leashes, and enjoy!
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!