Have you ever wondered what to do with all those denim jeans you’ve saved hoping that one day you’ll mayyyyybe fit into them again knowing damn well they will stay at the back of your closet? Well, wonder no more! Orly Shani & I have teamed up to give you one damn stylish DIY for all my fashionista friends and my restoration enthusiasts. Here is how to get started …
- Rubber Mallet
- White Paint
- Paint Brush
- Sewing Machine
- Measuring Tape
- Push Pins
- Flip bench upside down, then take rubber mallet hit base to remove cushion.
- Pull out existing nails using pliers or hammer nails in.
- Measure base of the cushion.
- Sand bench.
- White wash base using watered down paint.
- Wipe excess paint with rag.
Sewing: (Be sure and measure cushion prior to sewing)
- Cut waist off jeans.
- Cut jeans in square pieces.
- Sew together pieces into a row.
- Cover cushion and use staple gun on underside to secure in place.
- Secure cushion back onto base using nail gun.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family where you can watch how-to step by step!