I love doing wreaths and door hangs for my front entry…whether I’m welcoming guests or just trying to keep up with my neighbors…I love putting up unique décor that no one else will have! Today I’ll be showing you how to do a letter-based door hang with the words “Ho Ho Ho”. What I love about this DIY is that you can personalize it to whatever you would like to say, and even change it throughout the Christmas Season! Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Fabric scissors
- Wire cutters
- Bendable rope wire in green (or any color of your choosing)
- Red satin ribbon
- Over the door wreath hanging hooks, small
- Hot glue and glue gun
- OPTIONAL: Christmas crafts embellishments such as greenery, holly, berries, felt, etc.
- OPTIONAL: Printer and paper to print letters
- Measure the size of the door you will be using to hang it on.
- Pick your holiday wishes… I will be saying “Ho Ho Ho”.
- Take your wired rope and start shaping it into letters. You can do this free-hand, or you can print out letters in a font that you like and use that as a template. Since you will want your words to stick together, use a script/cursive font. You can use hot glue to hold the cursive in shape.
- Take your ribbon and run it through any part of the word that will hold up your letters. It’s best to take the ribbon all the way around the letter and back up (so it will be doubled).
- Hang your over-the-door hook (use as many as you would like to hold up your sign) and tie the ribbon at the top or hot glue it with no ribbon.
- Adjust as necessary.
- This is where you can use your embellishments to create a fun look above your letters. I am making cute little santa’s belts by taking craft paper over the ribbon to make a belt buckle.
- Finish your embellishments and enjoy!
- Print out letters in a font that you like and use that as a template if you don’t feel comfortable free-handing. Even if you feel comfortable, you may want to use a template to make sure your repeating words/letters look the same.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!