Christmas cookies! Who doesn’t love them? And to get us in the mood to these delectable little treats, I’m showing you how to make a sign that celebrates the old saying “behind every good man is a good woman”! Yep, we are going to focus on Mrs. Clause for this Christmas decoration.
- Wood sign
- White chalk paint
- Red adhesive lettering
- Cookie cutters
- Mug hooks (also called c-hooks)
- Red satin wired ribbon
- Red and white striped twine
- Paint brush or small paint roller
- Sand paper
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Long ruler or tape measure
1. Paint your board white and set aside to dry.
2. Once paint is dry, sand back some of the areas so that the sign looks rustic and distressed.
3. Measure out the board to see where you would like to put your letters. It’s best to find the
middle of the board, then the middle of the words so that you can start in the middle to make
the words centered.
4. Add the words you would like it to say.
5. Take your c-hooks/mug hooks to the bottom of the sign. You can hang 3 – 5 cookie cutters
from the sign.
6. Add a ribbon to the top of the sign.
7. Add any decorations that you think would look cute on the sign.
8. Hang it up and enjoy!
9. Use the red and white twine to hang the cookie cutters from the c-hooks.
Have you got Festive Christmas DIYs already in the works? Share with us in the comments below! You can create this cute little sign all by shopping with Amazon online … I didn’t even have to leave the house. If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY