Bohemian Chic is one of the top three wedding themes this Wedding Season, but just because you’re a free spirit doesn’t mean you have to miss out on some of the best traditions of your big day. One of them being – the Wedding Veil! I have a new modern twist on the traditional veil, show casing all of your bohemian style and for a fractions of the cost.
Materials are all your choice, depending on your style! Take a look at my three favorites!
1. Pick fabric (either tulle or organza). We will be using tulle and scalloped lace beaded material.
2. Decide whether you want a crown/headpiece or a simple comb in the back to hold the veil. We will be doing one of each.
3. Decide size of veil that you would like. I’ve attached the different lengths that are popular in a photo chart. We will be doing two different lengths: fingertip and elbow.
4. Collect the embellishments you would like to use. We will be using beads, feathers and flowers (boho is generally things you find naturally occurring in the world/earth).
5. Using your desired headpiece and add tulle to it using hot glue and a needle and thread.
6. Add your embellishments with using hot glue and a needle and thread.
Have you got a wedding coming up this Season? Share with us in the comments below and upload your DIY projects to social media. Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYplay #DIYwedding. We want to see your style!
Missed the episode? Check it out here on Home & Family!