It’s that time where the leaves will be piling up outside your home, so why not gather them all and turn them into a beautiful leaf bowl you can use in your house. These are great decorating bowls you can use all fall season and reuse the following year.
You Will Need:
- Artificial Autumn Maple Leaves
- Variety of sizes of balloons (I’m using large, medium, small and round)
- Plastic Wrap
- Mod Podge Matte
- Foam brush
- Extra fine glitter
- Krylon Triple This Glaze Aerosol Spray
- OPTIONAL: Fall items for inside the bowl
- Blow up the balloons to your desired size. You can use different sized balloons, and even use the same size balloons and blow them up to different sizes.
- Cover the balloon with plastic wrap.
- Cover the plastic wrap with a thick coat of mod podge with your foam brush.
- Add Autumn leaves to the plastic wrap. Add mod podge to the outside of the leaves, and in between any layers.
- Continue up the balloon to your desired height of the bowl.
- If you would like to keep the bowl Autumn colored, you are done. If you would like to add color or glitter, this is the time to do it. While the mod podge is still wet, sprinkle glitter everywhere you would like it. Feel free to mix colors and get creative with your glitter (sorry Mark!).
- Set aside to let dry. This process can take up to 24 hours. If you would like to speed up the process, you can place it in the sun for several hours.
- When completely dry, pop the balloon and remove it with the plastic wrap inside the bowl.
- Spray the inside and outside of the bowl with the Krylon Glaze and set aside to dry.
Have you got fun fall DIY ideas? Share with us in the comments below! You can create this beautiful bookshelf all by shopping with Amazon online … I didn’t even have to leave the house. If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY