With DIY weddings on the rise, having a Crafty Bridal Shower is a growing wedding trend. It is a great way to get your family and girlfriends together to make beautiful, personal touches to your wedding decor, while saving your pockets as well as getting everyone involved! There’s nothing worse than Aunty Margaret feeling like everyone has a special job to do at the wedding besides her … this way, EVERYONE has contributed to your special day!
Floral Centerpieces – Flowers can cost a small fortune for your wedding. Creating your own centerpieces for your special day is a great way to save your wedding budget while getting everyone involved.
Wedding Blanket Favors DIY – Wedding favors can be expensive and are often something that you put in a box and never use again. Ameka wanted her wedding favors to be practical and something that her guests would use again. Because she had an outdoor wedding in February, the evenings get a little chilly so we gathered all the girls together and got to DIYing! Here’s how you get started …
You Will Need:
- Fleece blankets
- Vinyl iron-on transfers
- OPTIONAL: Sign – can be a chalk board, or a frame
- Create stations for your crafty helpers. Have one person in charge of each step.
- Print out a logo you would like on your blankets. This can be the couple’s name, date, or anything you would like.
- Cut out the logo with scissors.
- Arrange the logo on the blanket.
- Use iron to affix the logo to the blanket according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Let blanket cool.
- Roll up blanket.
- Tie a ribbon around the blanket.
- Put out a little sign with this instruction: To have and to hold in case you get cold.
- Voila! Wedding favors for guests…CHECK!
Are you throwing a Bridal Shower this Wedding Season? Share with us in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram and Twitter so make sure you follow @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYweddings #DIYplay
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!