With the world of exploration and travel wide open, most of us don’t live in the city or town we grew up in, let alone the state. (If you do that’s okay this DIY is just a great way for you to really show the love for your home and state pride). My DIY Home state Art is a beautiful way to take a little piece of your home with you wherever you go and to remember how far you have come and remember where your roots are as you grow!
For me, I moved to California when I was little, but Wisconsin will always have a place in my heart. I married an Australian, so I will be doing a “Country” art as well as a California home state art. Instead of using watercolor paper, I will be doing watercolor on wood. You can do a state, a country… or anything that reminds you of home!
You Will Need:
- CAG-100 Multi-purpose Acrylic Polymer Primer
- Watercolor paints
- Blue painter’s tape
- State stencil/template
- Shadow box or picture frame
- Hot glue
- Cut wood size for frame
- Paint a layer of GAC primer on the wood. Set aside and allow to fry
- Repeat one more time
- Use blue painter’s tape to create the outline of a heart
- Using template and pencil trace onto wood your home state
- Once the paint is dry, remove painters tape
- Paint with watercolor to match or enhance your current decor. I will be doing un unpolished-ish version by adding additional water to some areas to create drips.
- Affix to frame
- Hang with Pride!
Are you bursting with state pride? Or perhaps you’ve moved away and want to bring a little piece of home with you? Share with us in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram and Twitter so make sure you follow @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYfengshui #DIYplay
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!