I recently made the most delicious jalapeño & strawberry salsa for my Tuesday Taco night and I had some fresh produce left over so this smoothie was a little experiment if you will …. and it was delicious! If you combine just the right amount of sweetness with a little kick you have yourself one hella smoothie!
Warning: this smoothie is not for the faint hearted … if you don’t like spice, this is probably not your thing but you can always reduce the jalapeño quantity to give it just the right amount of spice you desire.
Spicy Jalapeno Strawberry Smoothie
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 fresh jalapeno
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for45-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine, serve & enjoy.