Get ready for Hallmark Channel’s Kitten Bowl with this fun DIY. You can also re-use this bad boy for your Super Bowl party this weekend!
You Will Need:
- Storage Containers
- Large Foam Core Boards
- Hot Glue Gun
- X-Acto Knife
1. Tape two foam core boards together, edge to edge, roughly the size of the centerpiece you want.
2. Plan your placement of the storage containers. (Tray in the center, large storage containers around the perimeter, and smaller containers in between.)
3. Trace around the outer edge of the perimeter with a pencil into an elongated “stadium” shape; Trace another perimeter oval inside of the large storage containers, making the “Field”.
4. Turn the large storage containers upside down and trace around the edge. Trace another slightly smaller circle within that. (This is for the storage container to sit inside, once it is cut)
5. Use an X-acto knife to cut out each of the holes, the outer perimeter, and the inner perimeter.
6. Decide how tall your stadium will be and glue a piece of foam core along the straight edge.
7. Cut and glue smaller pieces to each of these straight edges. They will be the brackets between pieces.
8. Taking another length of foam core the same height as the edge piece and score one side every couple of inches (Don’t cut all the way through the board). Fold that piece of foam core very slightly. This should make the entire edge bendable.
9. Glue this bendable piece as a round edge on the ends of the stadium.
10. Flip the entire thing over
11. Place large storage containers into place inside of each hole.
12. Place the smaller storage containers inside the perimeter of the stadium, and the tray in the center.
13. Paint the stadium your favorite team colors!
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your Festive Holiday DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY